24 Şubat 2016 Çarşamba

..CREATiVE-ROOM- 4- T A L K ..

Interview: Murat Oktay Danis

Murat Oktay Danis












Name: Murat Oktay Danis
Where do you live: Ankara ,TURKEY ..
Known for:I am not known ..i n- PUBLiC ..
But I TRY- to-know my-self as  ”  4- person ” ,, that  has to be living, , in me ..
A writer ,A sportsman, A- musician- &A-PAiNTER ..
S   O- I am to know that they a r e- there ,
/(as they act like doing all-these-different- multi- things they should have ,, to b e doing .. )
and I try to define WHO-they a r e,  , o n e- by-one,,
and WHAT- they are doing a s they live  in only , ” O N E – B O D Y “,,
and ” O N E- Mind ” ..
..S   O- I can not b e- KNOWN-by- others /(and I shouldn’t have),,
.b e c a u s e- it has to b e- pure,,an observation,, and objectivism has to b e
coming from ” o n e- e y e ” ,b   u t , travels in , 4- other – personalities ..i n – m e .
1/4 e y e- for every-other-4-person ality- to see them precise .
/( that means if a ” full-eye “, i s looking,, it can not be precise as plus-of-4 ,  ” 1/4 eyes-sum ” will ) .
Currently working with:CURRENTLY, W o r k i n g  with :
,, a ) ALPHABET,, /(that is,  writing-every-day)
,,b ) BASKET-BALL,, /( that I consider-as-a –  ” stad-art -DANCE ”  ) ..
,, c ) PiANO ,, /( strongly- expression of SOUND ,,out of m e, and sucking- new-sound in to m e .)
,, d  ) PAiNT .. /(  ” SOME-T H i N G ”  -has to Drop-into my- PAiNT-POOLs, on the canvas ,,
,, from-  ” other- UNiVERSES ”   ..
PAiNTiNG- i s-  the b e s t- thing- i n- all m y- work- that -happens to m e ..as doing- a r t..)

,, a  n  d , all these things, I do, t h e y all are shaped-b  y- m e,, a s- to bring m  e ,,
,,  t  o – ”   t h o s e ” i M A G E S “, that fell i n, MY-PAiNT- p o o l s.,, &- – gradually ..
with those- 4-DOings o f -arts .
,,
,,
CURRENTLY- working-on- n o w   :
,, ”  F A C E- BOOK ”  – – ” BOOK-of-FACEs ” , n o w ..
,, F i r s t ; ,, ,, A   S- I,,study- -my-every-day- ” 4-Writings-ON-one-page- Format “, writings
/( hand writing s .)
then-I go on to install-my-new-ideas in to – FaceBOOK-  ” READY-MADE “, materials ..
as day goes by ..
,, so I continue- my- -writings-all day-on-computer and-in the medium-of FaceBook-
and ,  t  h  e  – FACES- related to- those people- /( real-and- Moveable- A c t i v e – FACE s.. )
,,I can s a y, MY-WRiTiNG-these-days, a r e ,happening-i n- two mediums ..
,,Fi r s t -my- writings, I WRiTE-O N- M E ..
s e c o n d ,, MY- ” F a c e BOOK-writings “, O N- EVERY-F A C E -and the
,,   ”  Face-of-the-PUBLiC-F A C E ,,itslef  ” ..
,,
,,f u r t h e r- m o r e- explanation .. :
s   o- it is interesting, how-my-a r t-  ”  will-Write-ON-ME ,&ON-my-BODY  ”  , first ,
/( with my-OWN- hand-writing ) ,,
,,and secondly- ; h  o  w  – I   carry- m e- and my-art- and my -n e w- created- -IDEAS-
-H O W – WiLL- T h e y-MATCH- with- t h e- PUBLiC,,  &WORLD,,
and, i   f- PUBLiC, and Society – ”  c  a  n- T A K E- THAT- s h a p e ” ,
I will, DARE- to- -g  i v  e – them .. o r- n o t.
..
.. asa n -advenced s t u d y :
o  n t h e- other hand ,, ” N A M i N G- “, and  ” defining -EVERYTHiNG ” ,,
from -a-N E W- Angle- has to be continuous work for a – ”  creative-mind  ” ..
,,
and ,people has to see every thing from n e w -angles every day ,
other wise- every-thing, and every-day- will b e- ” repeated “, and , should bore- people ..
/( every-thing-can not b e- n e w-every day, ,,n e w-looking-angles- has to b e-
aim-o f- that –  ”  creativity – business  ”  -mostly ..

,,
CURRENTLY , Working a  s :
,, A- deranged- & -i n s a n e – someone – /( with -NO-E G O ) ,,
-out-of ” himself “, and,for- – i n – the s e r v e- o f- art-and- the n e w ly – experimented- I D E A S ,,  ..
/( Like -in the David-Bowie- songs-especially-  ” I’m deranged ” ,  ” The man-who-sold-the-world ” -and-  ” Heros ” -,,  and many-others . )
When did you realize that you were going to work in this area?I was multi talented -i n-my-early-ages ..of child-hood .
,, and also my family showed me the way- , that I should go on with my multi-talents .
,a) Playing-in-a basketball-team, /every-day-of my-life -I should play- games in sports ..
b ) I was writing-my-school-books, -copying-them- ,” w r i t i n g “, to papers .. when I was a child ..
, and then- this- ” touch-of-ALPHABET “,, and -writing-contunuously- ,, went on- all-my-Life ..
c ) I was in touch with PAiNT- till m y- 3-years of age ..
  1. d) i n a  ” science -program-school “, I was to b e- a scientist .. /(so- I became-a -engineer-of chemistry .. )
,,
,, b  u t ,, I came to, a ” breaking-*point “, in my- first years of university ..
,,i f I should be a – chemical-engineer-for the needs of public, then, I should not use,
and, i m p r o v e, my- other-talents, and, they -should, be wasted ..
,S   O- I  begun- to  ”  stretch  ”  -my- University – Y E A R s ,, /( for 16-years ),,
,,and I begun to go on studying-all-my-talents,, i n- ”   extensive-&expanding-  t i m e s ”  ..
,,
,,S   O- i t ,had begun, w i t h- my- very- ages,,/( in my-whole -childhood “,,
a s- I was- focusing &working-on-my -multi-talents,,
but I , ” P U T- my-self-on the ROAD “, to- a r t- o n- 1974,, and begun, to draw,
m  y-  ”  basic- alphabeth- L i n e s ”  , /( or -ALPHABET-Lines-for my-ART ) ,, for- my- O W N- a r t ..
If you could choose one place only to live, where would that be and why?A  S- an Artist – I would Like to put-my-self , to a- NO-MAN-LAND,,
probably- &SURELY- ,, on a top-of a- B i g- mountain .. /( and I should s e e , NO-ONE-is near-m e- and they are as far as,
the-mountain-itself – –  as far as- I can s e e, no-one -is climbing-that mountain-
-for-that- ,, time- ,, as I look from the top-of the mountain .
,,
,, and I am to b e- able- to- Live very- simple- and, MOVE-able , with my-basic-things..
/( t h a t- i  s- I am- to b e- perfect to defend,  ”  m y- LONELY-ness ” –
and m y-  ”  İNDiPENDENCY – and m y- PRiVACY ,, ”  from , any- other- creatures- of the public .. ..
,,, /( A  PERSON- Private – O   N- MOUNTAiNs- ,, ”  ONE-DAY- away- from any-Public-creature ” ,,
and to  e a r n – this, , h a s – created-  ”  ready-to- pack-PERSONAL- THiNGs ” ,,
to ,, ”   M  A K E- A- MOVE  ” – any- minute ..
How would you describe your creativity?I WOULD- DESCRiBE; M Y- CREATivity- a  s, ”  N A K E D ” ..
,,
,,if you WORK-O N- – many-or-multi- a  r  t- disciplines ,, every-art discipline , TAKE-THiNGs,,
from other, arts .. That is if I, WRiTE-A- Thinking–or-A-STORY, it,will be captured-i n-,, -or installed -in – WRiTiNG,
and, it can notb e, happening-in music-or- painting, for example ..afterwards ..
,,that is , writing , painting- making sounds, dancing-, when done -simultaneously ,,
,,they all TAKE-their-THiNGs- o f- their- own,, f  r  o  m- the other-disciplines ..
,,T  H  A  T – i   s- e v e r y- one -of them- begin- to- b e- NAKED– from other’s c o v e r s ..
,,
so they all-a r e to- stand , all by- themselves, and,  ” ALL- N A K E D-on their-feet ”
and  ” c  r e a t e – genuine- carrying- f  a  c t  s ” o f – depending-to-the -nature- of that -a r t- Making-MEDiUM ..
, all- by-  ”  themselves ”   ,, ..
,,that alone, i n- L O N E L Y N E S S ,,  a  n  d – totally- naked- creativity ,, ..
/( described- up- -above -as -simplicity-o n*-a mountain-TOP ,, ” T H i N G s “, ready-to- act- any-time) .. ) ..
,,
o  f  course, ” that naked- nature-of-a r t “, and expression, goes, with, /( let’s say : ” the HAND-o f- G O D   ” ..
,, that i  s  – – I  will put my-self-in discipline and I DO- NOT KNOW-WHAT,
will h  a  p p e n- there .. &/( what-I -do- HOW-it- happens ) ..
,, afterwards , s e a r c h i n g- for a   r   t – i  n- there , begins..
and- all- ART-History-KNOWLEDGE- is, needed, to , understand, and, improve-what has happened,, ” UNTOUCHED ” ..
/( that is complately- the opposite – contravercy-way-to use- ” how-to-Make-art “.. )
/( f  i r s t – l e t -art- DO- i t s e l -express- , very- naturally-and-spontaneously-and- freely ,, and UNTOUCHED ,,
t h e  n- , e  v  o l v e  , that- ” n a  t  u r  e “,,  , t   o-  t h e-  a   r   t  – d  e  f i n a  t i o n s , and, s  e e,
” WHAT-is- T H E R E  ”   , then, .. and begin to know, i t ,, a  f  t e r  w a  r d  s ..
How and when did you start to work with this in a serious manner?I begun to work in these, means ,i n, 1974 .
,,
What do you do at the moment?”  Face-BOOK ”  ,, or ” BOOKED-FACEs ” ,, W O R K S .. /( as told, i n section 4 .. ) ,,
,,that i  s , i n- fact,  to study-  – TO B E- ABLE-to-READ-  – ” multi -f a c e s “,
Laying- i n- – i n, EVERY- – person,,
,, /( there are reasons that have been-installed- i n- US- b y- OTHERS ) ..
/( W H O- i   s- i n- who – Study ) ..
/( for example- many-woman-carry-their- father-,, o r- mother – -in -them, still ,
or many- people- still l i v e- i   n- many bodies, and you can not choose- which-one- to- talk-to ) ..
A recommendation for those who think about starting and running a creative business?
b u y- O N E- /( or Many),, o f, my- ” creative- POSTERs ” ,, and,
,, b   e  m u l t  i, &give-time- to do ,, things- with  ”   your- multi-talents  ”  ..
,, and use- multi-instruments ,, /(any-instrument ,that can b e used-with hand ..) in your lives ..

,,
What is the most important thing in a studio for you?THE – Most – important – T H i N G, i n-  a  – STUDiO- W o r k-place, for , m e :
,, A-DOOR- that NO-ONE- KNOCKs ../( and-NO-telephone ..) ..
,,
additionally, H i G h- WALLs,,/(  -better-not-a-house-for-a -family ..designed- a place )
,,A  – M U L T i- STUDiO ,,
,, MULTi-instruments i n, it .. a-music-studio- ,, ready to Make-recordings,,
A-photo-studio, A , Video- record, or, ,A- Studio-also- artist-can -dance .. e c t ..

,,o  f  course silence ..
What is your favorite film?may-be-  ” Apocalypse -NOW , APOcalypto , and AVATAR- &EYES-WiDE-SHUT ” four-logy ..
Who would you like to invite for a dinner and why?I would invite for a dinner OBAMA , to talk-my- art- project with him.i f -Picasso-is too busy under the ground .. or – CEO-of-CAPiTALism, t  o- TALK-on CAPiTALiSM, -and- m y- a  r  t..-as a-project ..
,,  w  h  y  .. because , I really- am curious- about- CAPiTALiSM, &-PEOPLE- W H O – a r e – concerned,
about Capitalism, and , ” W H O- are- r e a l l y- – responsible – ,  f  o r  ” I D E A L- CAPiTALiSM – ISSUES ” ..
How do you like to spoil yourself?what ever I do , I am, ready-to- SPOİL- -my-self ..  :
,,  always -M A K E – improvisation,, ” improvisation-at-ONCE ” ,,
,,b u  t  mostly- I SPOiL-my-self, ON- trhe -Piano ,, ..
,, although- ESPECiALLY- I did not TAKE- any- lessons, O N- PiANO-PLAYiNG,,
,, I m a k  e – improvisation- sessions, with i  t, TOTALLY-ABSTRACT- , FAST, and-
,, random SOUNDs- strike to my-mind-then, I try to MAKE-structure- Simultaneously,,
a  s  they still- g   o- o n, striking, randomly-to- m y- brain- .. and my mind ..
,, ” BRAiN-SPOiLED- b y- SOUNDS ,, then- ”   brain-structured with sounds ”  ..
simultaneously ..

,,
What is luxury for you?Luxury- for me ..  :
,, ”   one- day  ”  – ,, ,,  /(  or -o n e- week,or- o n e- month ) ,,
,, that I  SPEND-MONEY,, E A S i L  Y ,,
and  ”  D  O- NOT- SPOiL-my-self ”  d e l i b e r ately- ,,
,,    – ,, i n s  t  e  a d, o f, USiNG-MONEY .. E A S i L Y ..
,,IT-seems ; I am in the business – o f,,
,,  ”  creating- t h e- MONEY  ” – ,, process- department , o f the states ..-..
/(SPOiL-YOURSELF ,, t o- ”  C R E A T E – MONEY ” ,,
,,writes , o n, m y-  ” F O R E H E AD  ” ..
,,  as a RULE-to- t h e-  ”   creation-o f- t h e- MONEY   ” ..
,,
What is the nicest compliment you’ve received for your creative work, and from whom?2- artists, TOLD m e, that I am a genious , and I thought  that
they could s e e , real- m e ..c l e a r l y -also .. and I tried to
—  prove and -show- my-genuine- creativity- t  o- them ,
i n t h e – TRUE- Mirror , o f-the M i n d ..
/( other than – I  can s e e , my self- clearly ) ..
,,
What do you fear most?WHAT do- I f e a r- m o s t .. :
,,i  f  I can not – ” c  r e a t e “, and, b e- a -normal- PUBLiC- PEOPLE ,,
I think- Ican not bare- that- ” normal- regular-life “, after- all that ” creativeness”,
I experienced ..
,, A L S O- I think- I KiLLED- ” A L L-m y- regular-Normal-PERSON- HABiTs “, also ,,
/( a s  to MAKE – a –  ”  NO-RETURN-serious-ART-ist- conditions ”  .. ,,
for my-  ”  SiMPLY- -serious- a  r  t- STRUCTURing- o f MY-WHOLE-BODY–  ” ..
also ..
,, ” S e r i o u s- a  r  t – needs to u  s   e- all-o f- your-Body first -then- your-brain ) ..
,,
What is a happy life to you?A Happy- L i f e- for ,m   e , i  s :
,, a) A VERY-WELL- M A D E- all-included, i n, A BiG- SPECiAL-ART-MAKiNG, studio
o f, M i n e ..
b ) A n -ART-POSTER-  factory ,, under- the wings of A- BiG-Capitalist- COMANY-
or , H O L D i N G ..  to reach- all- t h e- people-around- t h e- Globe ..
c ) .. ,, A  -HOLDiNG- that , will accept m e- to MAKE- an- A R T- DEPARTMENT- i n, i t ..
/( so- I can- produce art- to -all-HOLDiNG-companies , a  s – the – ART-DEPARTMENT- Manager ..
d ) .. A small-  – ART- MUSEUM, ,, ” UNDER-MY-NAME-
,,that I can, Locate, all m y- art- works,, i  n, and SHOW- them, to e v e r y- o n e- eager to , s e e ,
,, and LEARN,, t h e m , and what they a r e ..
/( because I have thousands o f, works, MULTi-Eras- and A , n ART- H i s t o r y- PROJECT,
based, o n, my- special- works ..o n- the issue ..
e ), an ART- ACEDEMY-institute – that I can educate- p e o p l e- and- students ,
,, in my-art-EKOLE ..
,,
s o- these, all can c u  r e , m  y- ” r u i n e d -and- SPOiLED – PERSONALiTY “,
,,f  o  r, say- 40- years , n, a  r   t- field ..
and I n e v e r, offered, any- position- and- CHAiR- i n- PUBLiC,,
,, i n- all- o f- m y- W  i  L  D- b u t- ” L  i  V  E “,   – – FULL-of   ”  my- own- stories ” ..
What does a regular day look like for you?WHAT D O E S- A- REGULAR – D A Y ,, LOOK-LiKE- to m e  :
,,
,, a  n- –  infinite – t i m e- i n t e r v a l ,, /( a day–ON-Earth ) ..
,, I  a   m- totally- free to do- anything, ,, /( totally-independent- t i m e,
o f- m y- OWN- ) ,,b  u  t – in the e n d- o f- the- day- ,,
I   a  m- to b e,,  able to- s  a  y ,, t  o, my-self ,,
” H  O  W  – D i D- I   ”  ,, S P O i L E D – m y- self-STRUCTURE “, ,and-my-BODY-TODAY,,
and, t h e n- ” H  O  W- &WHAT-  – did- I , M A K E- with this- deSTRUCTURED- b o d y, -n e w l y .. ” ..
,, W  H  i  C  H- N  E W- THiNG- I could , g i v e- to- – my-self, , s  o- I – will b  e  ”  learnt, i t  ” ,,
located -i n s  t  a l l e  d – ,,  it into, my  B O D y ..
for today’ s, L  i f  e- has passed ..
Tell us about your dream project.if TELL-about-my- DREAM-PROJECT ..
,, ” I   A M- THE- H E A D- MASTER- & Chief-Engineer-  o f,, EXECUTiVE- STUDiES-OFFiCe,
o  f ,  t h e,, ” I D E A L- CAPiTALiSM-  ”  ,, ARCHiTECTURiN G ” .. COMMiTTEE ..
,,
Who is your professional role model/inspiration?GEORGES- BRAQUE,in e a r l y- years ..
,, then- Van-Gogh-&-PAUL-GAUGUiN ..
How would you describe your work style (academic field or fashion style, or both, or something entirely different)?
HOW d o- I describe my W O R K- STYLE :
,, TotallyFREE-BODiLY- &-insane- crazy – delirious – deranged ,,
,,  unconsciously- NAKED ..ly expressed,
/(i n- all-mixed- styles-of-Modern &contemporary- a r  t-
,,
,,b   u   t- then, ADDiNG- V  i  S  E – and KNOWiNG, and CONSCiOUS,, and, KNOWLEDGE,
and COULTURE- also o n, i t ,,a   s  a – progressive pro- work ..o  f  Capitalist- PRO-TRADiTiON .. ..
,,
,,Idevide art MAKiNG- – in two- P AR T S ..
1- free-body-expressions &abstractions ,,
2- ,, EVOLViNG- to- PROGRESSiVE- FORM- ADDing -process o n-computer ..
,,
,, I THiNK- M Y- ART- STYLE -is VERY-MUCH- ACADEMiC ..e v e r -done -before .
Which is the one thing you can’t live without?
,, ” ABiLiTY- o f- – FREELy- M O V i  N  g ,, my-body ” ..
before my- brain- rules- i t ..
What inspires you?
,, ”  to- b e- able- to- a c t -freely-with my-whole-body  ”   ..
,,inspiration- comes, laying-in through – t h e- moves ..
A book that has changed/made the most impression in your life?
F.NiETZCHE ..  ”   THUS SPOKE ZARATHUSTRA ”   ..
Connect with Murat via LinkedIn & Facebook
Check out his blog & Website &  find out more about him on ArtSlant
Subscribe to his YouTube Channel
Send an email to him right here
Murat-Danis-3Murat-Danis-4Murat-Danis-5Murat-Danis-6Murat-Danis-1Murat-Danis-2
Yorum Gönder